- Written by webmin
* Earlier this week, Ryan of the Jalopy Journal posted the above photo he bought down Mexico way of a very unusual hybrid of Cadillac, Lincoln and aircraft parts. It didn’t take much time at all for the H.A.M.B.sters to id the cockpit (Consolidated-Vultee BT-13 trainer) and post more photos of the Cadillinc, including some in color and some of it running Le Carrera Panamericana.
* While we’re on the topic of hot rods, ze Last Chance Garage recently posted more Rex Burnett cutaway drawings than I’ve ever seen in one place at one time.
* BLB came across a few photos of an Icelandic four-by-four junkyard. As of the writing of this post, nobody’s identified the red box topped with the snowmobile. Or the sled, for that matter.
* In the comments to last year’s post on the Joe Ihnat Poppen’s Special pedal car, Jason let us know about his own homebuilt pedal car, patterned on a Bugatti Type 35.
* Finally, as suggested by John Lee, Kashgar’s ruminations on the car token in Monopoly. What was it patterned after, he wonders. We found it a little more interesting that there’s an entire page on the history of the tokens (there was, at least), and that at one point, the car token had a driver in it.