- Written by webmin
* I’d heard that one of the Futurliners was recently sold to a collector in Sweden who intends a full resto, and thanks to BigLorryBlog, we see that Futurliner #8 recently made an appearance at the Elmia truck show in Sweden.
* Newsday recently took a look at high-dollar collector cars and compared the collectors who seek those cars out to other investors. I know, not really news, though they did a good job of capturing that scene as it exists today. What I found most interesting was the comment from James Glickenhaus further down in the article:
“There is a huge business in buying and selling classic cars, and these guys will tell you whatever you want to hear,” says Glickenhaus, whose collection includes seven Ferraris. “To the average person, it is not a good investment.”
* Rather well-done video explaining why one man got into hot rodding and drag racing. Includes excellent color footage from the 1950s. (via)
* Chris over at MC Art recently took it upon himself to not only investigate one of the many urban myths in the custom bike scene, but also to connect it to a photo of the custom bike in question.
* Finally, the Mohs Ostentatienne restoration continues.