- Written by webmin
* In its day, Virginia International Raceway hosted many an SCCA race and even a Trans-Am race or two. It has since re-opened with more modern amenities, but Nick England of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, has done an excellent job of compiling photos, race results, programs and other information related to the history of the track.
* Over on Junkyard Life, Jody Potter has the story of a man, his 1957 Chevrolet, and the race that could’ve ended it all for him.
* Looks like BigLorryBlog is truckin’ right along under the new editor, Steve Gray. For one of his first posts, he shared the story of a test drive of an 1898 Daimler, considered to be the world’s first commercial truck. Sounds like the Mercedes-Benz museum needs to get these things out more often!
* For the release of Cars 2, Pixar has commissioned full-size versions of some of the new characters, including Finn McMissile, shot by Stu from Man on the Move at an event in Chelsea, New York City. So, is he more Aston Martin or BMW?
* Finally, who knew there were so many cars based on the original (non-BMW) Mini? Jeroen Booij did, and he has a blog – Maximum Mini – dedicated just to that topic.