- Written by webmin
* Up on Truckfax, they recently celebrated Fargo, Mopar’s maple-leaf truck brand. Until now, I’ve never given pause to wonder why Chrysler chose the name of a North Dakota town for its Canada-only brand. Did Chrysler execs at the time just associate anything northerly and cold with Canada?
* While researching this week’s blog post on the Corsair race against the RMS Windsor Castle, I came upon this thread over at FordEurope.net discussing the other extremely long road trip publicity stunts that Ford sponsored. Ford just made the world seem a much friendlier place back then, didn’t they?
* Dave Thornton spotted this hot rod Diamond T at the annual Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Automania car show. He didn’t get many details on it, but did note that it features both a supercharger and a turbocharger atop the Detroit Diesel V-8. As I told Dave, I always wondered how long it would take from the time the Blastolene boys started doing this to when we started seeing big-rig-based hot rods at local shows. Now I know.
* Ride the Machine (nee the New Cafe Racer Society) recently posted a couple early (early early) snowmobile shots. Think winter!
* Finally, Corvan autocrossing at the CORSA convention, courtesy Tom Hughes.