- Written by webmin
The 1966 Farmall 1206 turbo diesel we wrote about here last month turned out to be the top sale at Mecum’s recent Gone Farmin’ Spring Tractor Auction.
The 100-plus horsepower oil burner hauled in an impressive $24,000 at the March 26 sale in Walwoth, Wisconsin. All told, 150 tractors crossed the block, and the sell-through rate was 80 percent, totaling $484,500 in gross sales, excluding buyer’s premium.
Eight of the top 10 sales were from the Big Red camp, primarily because International Harvester was represented by 19 beautifully restored examples from Tom Geyman’s tractor collection.
“We had a very successful auction, with Tom Geyman’s Collection serving as the centerpiece of the sale and exceeding everyone’s expectations – including his own,” said Dan Mecum, operations manager for Mecum Auctions. “Collectors from across the country placed their bids on Geyman’s tractors, which were top-notch in quality and had some significant history, like his 1961 Ford 801 that belonged to his father-in-law and was sold with the original bill of sale.”
In fact, that Ford 801 was one of the auction’s better deals. It looked to have been completely restored and sold for a very reasonable $5,000.
The Top 10 sales from Mecum’s Gone Farmin’ Spring Auction (all sales reflect hammer prices) were:
1. 1966 International 1206 Tractor (Lot S33) at $24,000
2. 1966 International 1206 (Lot S56) at $21,000
3. 1966 International 1206 Wheatland Tractor (Lot S41) at $19,000
4. John Deere 330 Tractor (Lot S53) at $17,500
5. 1961 International 660 Wheatland Tractor (Lot S40) at $14,500
6. 1957 Farmall 450 Diesel Tractor (Lot S61) at $12,500
7. 1967 International 806 Wheatland Tractor (Lot S42) at $11,500
8. 1950 McCormick W-4 Tractor (Lot S35) at $10,000
9. 1959 John Deere 730 Tractor (Lot S63) at $8,800
10. 1953 McCormick Super W-6 Tractor (Lot S34) at $8,750
Complete results are available to Mecum InfoNet members, which is free to join at www.Mecum.com. (Mecum InfoNet members can log in to see individual results by visiting the Results Page.)