- Written by webmin
We’ve been hard at work behind the scenes at Hemmings.com this year trying to improve our website and keep up with the times. Now, we are proud to announce all new classified advertising packages and a totally revamped ad placement system. We’ve invested some serious time, thought and effort redesigning these packages to deliver the best possible value to advertisers and people searching for cars. We’ve also tried to greatly beautify and simplify the process of placing ads.
What’s new? In a nutshell:
- “Until Sold” – We now offer an “Until Sold” option for our most popular ad packages. With this option, the online ad will remain up for up to six months for one flat fee. You just have to re-up by clicking on an email once per month – no stress, no fuss.
- Everything is a print/online combo – Every package has both a print and online version to expose your ad to the largest possible number of Hemmings readers whether they use our book or prefer to browse us on the web.
- Streamlined image uploading – You can now upload multiple images at once and drag and drop them in whatever order you like. It’s very easy to operate.
- Video – Now available in most packages – you can either use a YouTube video or upload one to us from your hard drive. We really encourage advertisers to use video to showcase their car.
- Email filtering – All ads include free email filtering. We use a mixture of spam detection and good old human intervention to make sure you only get real emails in your inbox. This was one of our most popular options in the old system so we decided to roll it out to everyone.
- Ad Management – You can now see your ad traffic and edit your ad or tell us it is sold using our ad management area.
- And much more – HTML descriptions so you can use bold and italics in your online ad, realtime previews of your ad, layout selectors for premium ads and probably a bunch of other stuff we’re forgetting. We’ve been working on this for months and we’re exhausted!
So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive – Check out the screenshots below or give it a test drive and let us know what you think.
We’ve made a lot of progress this year and we’ve got a lot more good stuff in the works for you. Stay tuned to the blog for more developments.