- Written by webmin
The Kaiser Frazer Owners Club International chiseled out these 10 car-guy commandments for their May 2011 newsletter, and we subsequently spotted them on the justacarguy blog. Good advice here, though we recommend finding an employer who’s down with letting you read Hemmings on company time. Got any commandments you wanna add?
1. Thou shalt not store cars out-of-doors except for thy wife’s modern iron.
2. Thou shalt not covet they neighbor’s car, nor his garage, nor his battery charger.
3. Thou shalt not love thy cars more than thy wife and children; as much, but not more.
4. Thou shalt not read thy Hemmings on company time, lest thy employer make it impossible to continue thy car payments.
5. Thou shalt not despise thy neighbor’s Edsel, nor DeSoto, nor even his 1947 Plymouth.
6. Thou shalt not allow thy daughters nor thy sons to get married during the Holy days of Hershey.
7. Thou shalt not deceive thy wife into thinking that thee is taking her for a romantic Sunday drive when, indeed, thou art going out to look at another car.
8. Thou shalt not tell thy spouse the entire cost of thy latest restoration, at least not all at the same time.
9. Thou shalt not promise thy wife a new addition to the house and then use it to store cars.
10. Thou shalt not buy thy wife a floor jack for Christmas.